Success is a deeply personal journey defined by the individual and attained by those who dare to step outside their comfort zones and put in unwavering effort to achieve their goals. There’s a saying that goes, “Self-esteem” is the cornerstone of success: believing in your capabilities, deserving your achievements, and having the conviction to claim them.
Chartered Accountancy (CA) is one of the most prestigious and sought-after qualifications in India. It is also regarded as one of the most difficult professional courses, requiring patience, unwavering faith, and unwavering perseverance. The CA curriculum is extensive, encompassing a thorough understanding of financial, accounting, and technical business aspects. Notably, many Chartered Accountants choose to pursue entrepreneurial endeavors after completing their CA, with remarkable success. There are several prominent individuals in India who have not only achieved business success but also earned the prestigious title of Chartered Accountants.
Let’s take a look at some remarkable people who have excelled in both business and Chartered Accountancy.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla: Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of Aditya Birla Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates, is not only a billionaire industrialist but also a philanthropist. Few people realize he has a Chartered Accountancy qualification as well as an MBA from London Business College.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, dubbed the “Indian Warren Buffett,” has elevated the status of the accounting profession. He is an Indian billionaire stock trader and investor known in the investment world for his Midas touch.
- Deepak Parekh: Deepak Parekh, the Chairman of HDFC Group, has played a pivotal role in India’s housing finance sector. He believes that businesses must be accountable to all stakeholders, not just their shareholders.
- Naina Lal Kidwai: Naina Lal Kidwai, a trailblazing figure in Indian banking, is the Country-Head and Group General Manager of HSBC India. She was the first Indian woman to receive a Harvard Business School diploma.
- Motilal Oswal: Motilal Oswal, the founder and managing director of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd., is a Chartered Accountant who founded his company in 1987 and has been a prominent figure in the financial services sector.
- Nirmal Jain: Nirmal Jain, the founder and chairman of the India Infoline Group (IIFL), is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has made significant contributions to the finance industry.
- Radhe Shyam Agrawal: Radhe Shyam Agrawal, co-founder and Executive Chairman of the Emami Group, has made a name for himself in a variety of industries, from FMCG to real estate, and is also a Chartered Accountant.
- N. Manoharan: T.N. Manoharan, a former president of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and ex-chairman of Canara Bank, has been honored with the Padma Shree for his contributions.
- Aroon Purie: Aroon Purie, the India Today Group’s founding Chairman, is a qualified Chartered Accountant who has made an indelible mark on the Indian media landscape.
- V. Mohandas Pai: CA Mohandas Pai, a former Director of Infosys and the “Best CFO in India” by Finance Asia, is a source of pride and inspiration for the CA profession.
In summary, the path to entrepreneurship, while difficult, holds enormous promise. Chartered Accountants have valuable qualities that lend themselves well to business success, such as financial expertise, comprehensive knowledge of taxation laws, and analytical skills. CAs are better equipped to succeed as entrepreneurs because of the inherent discipline they learned during their rigorous training. SuccessEdge Academy recognizes and cultivates these characteristics in order to guide aspiring CAs toward their goals and beyond.