Are you having trouble navigating the maze of literature for your Company Secretaries Exam? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here is a collection of the best books to help you throughout your ICSI journey.
CSEET Computer-Based Exam:
- Simply Said by Jay Sullivan – The focus is on audience-centered communication.
- How to talk to anyone by Leil Lowndes – Finds insights and approaches for developing an amazing personality.
- Everyone Communication, Few Connect by John Maxwell – Real-life examples might help you improve your connecting skills.
Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal – Excellent for competitive Exams.
- Legal Aptitude & Logical reasoning by KM Bansal, Ritika Godhwani – Thousands of questions and sample test papers are available.
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Panday – In-depth coverage to help you master the fundamentals.
Economic and Business Environment:
- The Big Short by Michael Lewis – Explores the housing bubble and its aftermath.
- Post-Capitalist Society by Peter F. Drucker – The move from individual to organizational ownership is discussed.
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner – Blends pop culture with economic theories
- Current Affairs by Arihant Experts – Crucial for various competitive exams.
- Indian Yearbook by Publications Division Government of India – Covers important dignitaries, policies, demographics, and more.
- Kiran’s Current Affairs by Kiran Prakashan – Focuses on objective questions for exams like UPSC and CGL.
- Cracking the Coding Interview by Gayle Laakmann McDowell – Essential for software developer job interviews.
- Basic Interviewing Skills by Raymond L. Gorden – Guides through the interview process from the interviewer’s perspective.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – Timeless advice on self-presentation.
ICSI Executive Programme:
- Jurisprudence Interpretation & General Laws by Taxmann – Covers the revised syllabus.
- Company Law by Taxmann – Tailored for the Executive Level exam.
- Setting up of Business Entities and Closure by Taxmann – Comprehensive coverage of the revised syllabus.
- Tax Laws Including GST & Customs Laws by N. S. Zad – Aligned with the latest ICSI syllabus.
- Corporate Accounting by B.S. Raman – A reference book for various professional courses.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992 by Taxman – Annotated text along with SEBI rules and regulations.
- Economic, Business and Commercial Laws by Taxmann – Covers the entire revised syllabus.
- Financial Management: Theory & Practice by Eugene F. Brigham and Michael C. Ehrhardt – Explores corporate finance fundamentals.
ICSI Foundation Programme:
- CS Prof Governance Risk Management Compliance And Ethics by Ankush Bansal – User-friendly and covers ICSI amendments.
- Advanced Tax Laws by Pratik Neve – Exclusive for the Professional Level exam.
- Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances by CS Anoop Jain – Focuses on minute details.
Elective Paper 9 (Banking – Law & Practice, Insurance – Law & Practice, Intellectual Property Rights, Forensic Audit, Direct Tax Laws & Practice, Labour Laws & Practice, Valuations & Business Modelling, Insolvency – Law and Practice): Various authors cater to specific electives, ensuring a comprehensive understanding.
- Know your syllabus thoroughly.
- Focus on strong subjects first for confidence.
- Solve previous year’s papers for insights.
- Make concise notes for quick revision.
- Use illustrations for better retention.
- Attempt mock tests to enhance speed and identify weaknesses.